Scared my ear wont heal back to normal if i keep stretching

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by brownkid » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:20 am

Long story short my ear bled moving from 10g to 8g.
So i got 10g fairly easy, and i wanted my stretching progress to go as painless as possible, so i started using thread seal tape to stretch little by little.
then one night I grew a pair and went for the 8g taper. im pretty sure i went all the way through but it hurt too much so i returned to the 10g (with tape). I only atempted the 8g with one ear. the next day my ear was alright so i decided to add some tape to it. I added too much now that i think of it. it didnt really fit but it didnt hurt as much as the 8g taper so i just kept it in. i had it in for 2 days and the pain didnt go away.
SOOOOO today i was like "fuck it" so i took the front o-ring off and started to pull and my ear started gushing out blood. This was in class too. I was able to take the plug out and the bleeding stopped after a while. surprizingly the plug was clear of any blood, meaning that it hadn't bled until I tried taking out the plug.
So my question is, Did i mess up bad? I was only planning on going to 2g. Should i stop to preserve my normal ears?
brownkid

by TonyxMAE » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:54 pm

To answer your question and a general rule to stretching if it hurts and it bled, you did it wrong. Also your best bet is to just go naked let your ears heal completely. Just do SSS(sea salt soaks) while they heal. Let them close up and once your healed you can get them repierced at a higher gauge ie. 10g,8g,6g.
Or you can just downsize if you don't want to let them close up, downsize to a 12g if possible and so sea salt soaks. Just baby your ear.

Edit: also, I don't know much about tape. I've honestly never even heard of the tape you Mentioned so I'd wait on someone else to give some insight on that.
TonyxMAE

by Deano » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

He's talking about teflon aka ptfe aka plumber's tape. It's perfectly safe as long as you're not using too much too fast. A layer every couple of days shouldn't be any trouble after the last stretch heals. Obviously, if the last stretch was done by tape, you can probably just keep going.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by TonyxMAE » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:17 am

Ahh, ya i only knew it by pfte/teflon tape.
TonyxMAE

by brownkid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:29 am

Ok so will i really need my ear re-peirced? ive had them peirced for 2 years now, and this is the only time one has bled. I couldnt imagine them closing up.
Also if i let them heal then stretched to 2g SAFELY, would they be able to go back to normal? Thanks!
brownkid

by TonyxMAE » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:57 am

Thats just an option. You don't have to. Just downsize for a while.
Depends on your lobes to be honest. 2g is usually the "point of no return"
Everyone's different though.
TonyxMAE

by Deano » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 am

Yeah, it all depends on the person. I know a guy who had stretched to 0g when he was younger, but when I met him, I didn't even know his ears were ever pierced. He took his time, stretched slowly, and when he took them out, he actually "stretched down" so to speak, i.e., when he was down to 4g, he would stretch back up to 2g then put in 6g jewelry, basically to irritate the fistula and cause it to begin the healing process over again.

Then again, that's just him. There are others who have stretched properly to 4g and can't go back to normal.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety