8g to 6g having some problems

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by LovelyHippie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:23 pm

I stretched both my ears with tapers from an 8g to a 6g a few weeks ago. Well it was sore at first, but my left ears soreness went away a day or 2 later. But my right ear didnt. Well I took the tapers out to put in the plugs and my right ear started bleeding pretty bad. So I went ahead and kept my 6g in my left ear and down sized my right. I think alot of my problem is the tissue in my right ear is tighter anyways because I use to use peroxide on an old infected piercing (not my gauged one) anyways I put the taper for the 6g back in my ear today cause I want them to be even. And it hurts pretty bad. I havent had a blow out yet. I really dont want to take it out cause no matter how long I wait, it still does this every time I try to go up in my right ear. So is it really dangerous for me to keep this taper in for a few days then put the plug in and let it heal? I had my 8gs since....probably January before I stretched them again. :cry:
Have:
6g lobes (right and left)
1 additional lobe piercing in right and left ear.
1 cartledge piercing in left ear.

Want:
Tongue
Collar Bones
Nipples
Bely Button
Vch
Industrial in right ear
LovelyHippie

by SaintJv » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 am

Depending on the person newly gaged ears take a month or two to heal, I would reccomed keeping the tapers in that long, the weight of the tapers will cause your ear holes to increase barely even more in size , so after a month or two take them out and the plug should definitely fit, but do NOT put the plugs in after just a few days this will damage your ears in the long run
SaintJv

by ViolentJayne » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:50 pm

ok first off do NOT wear the taper for a month tapers are a tool to get the plug in , the plug should go in just minutes after the taper not days . any way if you took out the 6 and it was bleeding downsizeing back to 8 is the best choice but you need to stay downsized for at least a month to let the ear heel then ideally wait another month for it to loosen then try the 6 , I was lopsided for 3 months going to 6 cause one ear was ready and one ear was tight , it just needs time ..

Im pretty sure the previous poster didnt know what they are talking about .. plugs DO go in right after the taper and it does not cause damage . leaving the bulky long taper in can cause more damage especially when sleeping ... good luck and take your time , no one can notice that you are lopsided but you lol
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by LovelyHippie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 am

ViolentJayne wrote:ok first off do NOT wear the taper for a month tapers are a tool to get the plug in , the plug should go in just minutes after the taper not days . any way if you took out the 6 and it was bleeding downsizeing back to 8 is the best choice but you need to stay downsized for at least a month to let the ear heel then ideally wait another month for it to loosen then try the 6 , I was lopsided for 3 months going to 6 cause one ear was ready and one ear was tight , it just needs time ..

Im pretty sure the previous poster didnt know what they are talking about .. plugs DO go in right after the taper and it does not cause damage . leaving the bulky long taper in can cause more damage especially when sleeping ... good luck and take your time , no one can notice that you are lopsided but you lol

Thanks a bunch, I took it out. I got scared. Ill try again another time. (: But yeah Ill totally take your advice. Its back to an 8. The other is a six still
Have:
6g lobes (right and left)
1 additional lobe piercing in right and left ear.
1 cartledge piercing in left ear.

Want:
Tongue
Collar Bones
Nipples
Bely Button
Vch
Industrial in right ear
LovelyHippie

by Mrsmayhem » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:24 am

I had a hard time going from an 8g to a 6g. I tried the taper too but it was too much of a stretch and it was painful so I downsized back to 8g and let them heal up for about a month and a half. I started to do the taping method, (ptfe tape (plumbers tape) and vitamin e oil), I got up to a 6g in five days changing the amount of tape 2 times before I was able to get the 6g plug in. There was no pain maybe a little burn but it was easy and safer on my ears. You can stretch your ears pretty fast with the taping method
Mrsmayhem

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety