Preserving Salt Water??

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Peasley » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Been doing some reading around on different sites lately, and happened to come across an interesting idea. I am not exactly sure if this information came from this particular site, so excuse me for plagiarizing. The idea was simply to make a sea salt solution (warm water, sea salt), and keep it in a sterilized spray bottle. So it would be portable and easy to use. Now as I have described in an earlier post, I am not trying to be lazy, and in fact soak the lobes in sea salt water on prescribed days. BUT easy and portability are both so sexy!! I am just wondering if anyone has done this idea, or if it just super wack. I AM aware that certain materials are porous and harbor bacteria no matter what, but something like a glass spray bottle should work, right?
Peasley

by Alyxxx » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:41 pm

DIY is probably not the best idea. Too hard to keep it sterile! I've heard of a product called h2ocean which is essentially that. I believe there's probably other products out there like it, made for plugged noses or cuts and scrapes. If you get a store bought one it will be more expensive than if you made it yourself, but will probably be safer, unless you get some kind of sterile container from a pharmacy or something.
Alyxxx

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety