do i have an infection?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by NaturalDisaster » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:11 pm

hey guys I'm kind of worried
i started stretching my ears not so long ago..

i started off a 2mm, then went to a 4mm, then went up to 6mm
i didn't have any problems at all until now
i waited about 5 or 6 days before stretching to 8mm after a 6mm which was a really stupid thing to do
but it was okay for about 2 days then on the third it started swelling and getting warm, i took my taper out and there was green liquid and just a small amount of blood, so i cleaned my whole ear with salt water and then cleaned the taper, then put it back in

but should i keep it in or take it out or downsize or just what should i do? D:

someone help please
NaturalDisaster

by ViolentJayne » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 am

I would downsize , to a very low size and sea salt soaks . if you see any more green Id go to a dr . good luck .. and next time you try to stretch dont skip sizes and wait at least 6 to 8 weeks between going up a size
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Agreed, downsize and see if it helps. Swelling, warmth, and green discharge are definitely signs of infection. If you have an infection, you'll most likely need antibiotics but if the doctor tells you to take them out, don't listen. Removing the jewelry could trap the infection and cause an abscess to form.

In the future, don't stop sizes!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Nicole143 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:29 am

^she means don't skip sizes in the future and I agree with all of the above
"No pictorial or sculptural combinations of points of human loveliness, do more than approach the living and breathing human beauty as it gladdens our daily path. "
Nicole143

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:13 am

Whoops, I need to start proof-reading my stuff. Thanks for that! :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety