urgent-help please guys?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by biffyburd » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:10 pm

hey guys,recently stretched my ear from a 14mm to a 16mm using an acrylic taper,my lobe is pretty swollen,slightly sore,and the skin is sort of peeling around it,any ideas what is wrong with it?
biffyburd

by heathy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:36 pm

go back to 14, do a daily salt soak, wait until the irritation has subsided. then tape up slowly to 16 over a few months. acrylic can irritate the skin since the body rejects it as a foreign object, and using tapers stretches the lobes too fast.
heathy

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:16 am

I agree, definitely downsize. Also, if you don't want to tape, you should go to 15mm in between 14 and 16. 2mm jumps are really too big at that size.

Are you wearing the tapers? If so, get some single-flare or no-flare plugs. Tapers are fine to use as tools but they can put uneven pressure on your ears and cause blowouts if you wear them as jewelry. You need a pair of plugs at each size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety