very slight bleeding starting days after stretch

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by hawaii5o » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:38 am

Hello, all. I'm new to stretching, so bear with me : ) I just moved from a 14g to 12g about 3 days ago. hurt a little bit, but nothing crazy. for the most part the earring went in pretty easily. my ears dont hurt much today but when i took out the plugs i have in (acrylics- just orded stainless today) and each ear bled a little little bit. the blood was very watery. When i was stretching, there was no blood, and i didnt feel like anything tore. the past few days i did have a lot of white liquid come out of the holes, but i figure thats normal, right? anyone have any idea why my ears only bled when i took out the earrings and only days after i stretched them? any suggestions??
hawaii5o

by Hardware » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:38 am

Ear stretching causes microscopic tearing inside the piercing, don't let the name scare you, it's normal. The white liquid is also average for some people,it's used up white blood cells emerging from your piercing. This is where 'crusties' come from.

What are you using to keep your ears clean? I highly suggest sea salt soaks.

Another important thing to know is that you should never touch a fresh stretching for any reason without washing your hands with anti-bacterial soap first. Touching your ears with dirty fingers can promote infection and will prolong healing.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety