Vit-E oil: why only on healed ears?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Acacia » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:23 am

Hi, I'm new here and to the world of stretching :) Very nice site you have going here :)

I have read a few places in here, that vit E oil should only be used on ears that have healed completely (after stretch) and would like to know why?
I have always been told (and read) that vit E helps heal skin. And from various other stretching sites, have read that vit E oil is recommended all the time.
Acacia

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Well, oil massages are bad for healing stretches (although if you stretch properly you should have no open wounds to heal) because the rubbing and whatnot can irritate the skin; the best thing to do is just not mess with it. Oil just isn't really for unhealed skin because it needs to breathe. I've heard that emu oil has healing properties and I've used it on stretches that were only a few days old but I still wouldn't recommend any type of oil if your ears are sore or anything like that.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Acacia » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:31 am

Ok, thanks :)

I haven't experienced any soreness at all (yet?), only done 2 stretches so far and didn't even feel any resistence or pinch or anything....
Acacia

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety