Concerned about my piercing..

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by njoi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:59 am

I got my ears pierced with a 10g on August 29, however they are still not healed, I wake up nearly every day with dried blood around the back of them, and there's quite often pus in the hole. I get a cotton ball of salt water and clean around the piercing, and once a week I take the tunnel out and dip my lobes into the salt water for about 5 minutes. I'm starting to get really concerned that it's almost been almost 3 months and it's not showing any signs of healing. I'm currently using stainless steel tunnels. I'd greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide.
njoi

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:43 am

Try soaking your ear in the solution every day and don't remove the tunnel, especially if it's externally-threaded. Taking out or moving the jewelry will delay healing. Also, make sure you're not getting it too salty. If this doesn't work, you may need glass or titanium instead of stainless steel. I got my ears pierced at 10G and they took about three months to heal.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by njoi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:00 am

So just dip my lobes in it every day without removing the tunnel? I'm putting just a pinch of salt in about 8 oz of warm water, I tried tasting it to see if it was over salted, and hardly tasted any salt at all.
njoi

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety