Gauges and the work force.???

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by xxxmehbrokensoulxxx » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:57 pm

What are your storys about how you got a job/what kind of job
what size were you?
Also what jewery are the most "incognito" for getting a job?
My gauges are a 9/16" but my goal is 1 inch
Wants:
tongue
Snakebites
chest, back, and left sleeve tats
-~^All mushrooms are edible indeed, yet there are ones you can only eat once^~-
/) /)
( . .)
c(")(")
xxxmehbrokensoulxxx

by jenl768 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:14 am

I got my job before I started stretching. I work at Wal-Mart...I've got 00g and will be stretching to 7/16 soon in the lower hole. The 2nd hole is at 2g. It hasn't been an issue at all.
jenl768

by corazon_de_oro » Thu May 05, 2011 2:38 am

It's never been an issue for me because I have long hair that I always wear down. Plus with solid plugs you can't even tell my ears are stretched unless you really look at them.
I didn't have any piercings at all when I started my first job at a small grocery store. I worked there with my eyebrow and nose pierced for a little while and it was never a big deal, and no one ever saw my ears. I now work for the same company in a different location and it's still not an issue.

Just be careful with how big you go with your lobes if you're looking for a job or if you're not sure what career you want to end up with. You never know, someday you might end up pretty desperate for a job and you might have to settle for somewhere that's really strict with body mods. Plus a lot of the careers that allow mods are super hard to get into.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Willchriswill » Sun May 08, 2011 6:26 am

For the past 6 years, I've worked in Health Information Management at a hospital. My department used to be really strict about facial piercings and visible tattoos, but for those of us who work behind the scenes and not with the public or the exec's, they have eased up a little. Since I'm only at a 2g (and a few visible tats), its not really a big deal at the current moment. I just keep my character and integrity in tact. Now after I start/finish nursing school, it will be a whole different story...gotta find some hider plugs.
A closed mind is an awesome thing to lose.
Willchriswill

by socialdistortion » Thu May 12, 2011 3:17 pm

hello im 14 years old and i want to be a body modifacator so i dont think that will be a problem
socialdistortion

by corazon_de_oro » Fri May 13, 2011 4:36 am

It's really hard to get into piercing/tattooing. And it doesn't pay much at all most of the time so you might have to have a second job. Plus you're going to need some income while you complete an apprenticeship so I wouldn't get too carried away with tattoos and piercings now if I were you.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by socialdistortion » Mon May 16, 2011 3:18 pm

i understand
socialdistortion

by luckykidd » Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 am

^^I would love to become a tattoo artist and open my own shop. But my parents said they wouldn't pay for me to go to school for it.

But anyways... I was at Starbucks the other day and I saw a girl working there with stretched lobes. I think she had about 1" lobes and she was wearing pink earskins they looked really cool.
Have
0G lobes
helix(R)
Double pierced lobes
Nostril(R)

Want
1/2" lobes
Spider bites(L)
Lots of ink

Im Faith
luckykidd

by Kat » Fri May 27, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm a freelance graphic designer,so I don't have to worry about co-workers and stuff like that. There's nothing better than being your own boss. :)

I'm starting my stretching process pretty soon. Already have both brows done and both lobes x3.
Kat

by Chrispedraza1 » Sat May 28, 2011 6:41 am

I work at mcdonalds ( only until I get my aa) but I have 7/16's and there totally cool with it. My buddy is a cna and he has 5/8's. I think stretched lobes are becoming quite acceptable, as long as you have a clean appearance. But massively stretched lobes will definately be an issue with most jobs.
Lobes=1/2"
Left nostril=18g

Throw your diamonds in the sky. We'll stay gold forever.
Chrispedraza1

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences