Why Are My Gauges Falling Out?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by RADCAZ » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:29 pm

So Much Hatred... Smh
You Guys Are Stupid If You Think That Any Of Those Photos Came From Bumbing Up To The Next Size Once There Lobes Were Loose... It Was Probably In Most Case's Tons Of Negligence, If You Read What Was My Original Post, Under The Parameters I Provided.. I Think The Advise Nic Gave Makes Perfect Since, you Guys Are Just Trying to Scare People Into Making Them Wait Longer Than They Have Too.. If Your Ears Are loose And Healed up, Its Good To Stretch Doesn't Matter How Long Its Been.
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:22 pm

It's not "hatred" at all. If we hated you we'd tell you to stretch two sizes every day so you'd ruin your lobes! What good is it doing us to tell you to wait extra time? None; we're giving you that advice for YOU.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by RADCAZ » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 pm

It Just Seems That You Guy's Hear All The Bad Testimonials, And Don't Ever Consider To Try And Stretch A little Faster Than what Is "Commonly Correct" Out Of Fear Of Damaged Lobes.. but If You Stretch With when Your Ears Are ready, As Opposed to Waiting A Whole Month or Two! You'ed See That It Can Be allot Quicker And Your Not Facing All Of These Crazy Blowouts And Tears That are Found From Forcing Jewelry In Or Skipping Sizes, I Think Setting A Time Limit On How Soon You Can Stretch is stupid You should Size Up with when Your Lobes Are Healed and Loose IMO.. I've Been stretching Every Week Or Two And The Only Problem I've Faced Is Irritation From Acrylic Jewelry.. None Of What The Pictures Show Or even close
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by ViolentJayne » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:25 am

but why risk it when all thats involved is time .. you could jump off a building and live but why risk it .. it doesnt cost any money or require an effort to just take some time im sure some people can stretch faster than others but really whats the rush ..
and maybe if you had taken your time you wouldnt be having the problems with " acrylic " that you are having .. your skin may be stretched to the point where the acrylic is coming in contact with unhealed skin and that could be whats causing the problem .. like someone said on here , the peoples ears in the photos got like they did because someone refused to accept that there was something wrong with what they were doing and continued doing it ......
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:22 am

But you got REALLY LUCKY. I do agree that an exact time limit is stupid. To be honest I've always had to wait longer than the recommended 6-8 weeks so "a whole month or two" is definitely not being overly cautious. If I stretched every week or two my lobes would definitely look like the ones in those pictures. That's why I have a problem with people like Nic saying "you'll be fine if you stretch every week!" I mean, SOME super lucky people might be fine, but I would rather not risk it.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:25 am

suggesting to someone that they wait a little longer when they are experiencing problems is not mean. if i was mean i'd tell you to Stop Typing Like This It's Really Aggravating And Hard To Read.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:43 am

^ Agreed!

Also, one more thing... I can guarantee that not everyone in that slideshow got ears like that by skipping tons of sizes, stretching every day, etc. Maybe the ones whose earlobes are splitting in half or falling off, but blowouts can be caused even from safe stretching. Lots of people who think they've stretched without problems wake up the next day with a blowout or some other problem. For example, I waited about three months between 1G and 0G because my ears just would not stretch, and then when they finally did with no pain or resistance one of my ears got extremely swollen the next day, so I had to downsize. Even if you think your ears are ready to stretch they might not be!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by SusiMarie » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:25 pm

i got a blow out on the smoothest stretch ive ever done, so you gotta be carefull
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by ast.riske » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Radcaz - you came and asked for advice. We think nic is doing people a disservice. If you don't want to hear what others have to say, don't ask.

That said, the fact that you said your ears are "tight as fuck" after taking your plugs out for a day or two says they ARE NOT OKAY. When I downsized after having a problem with one of my lobes, it took weeks for my piercing to tighten enough that I couldn't easily fit my largest size in without issue. This is because I took it slow and easy on my lobes so they would heal properly at each new size.

Anyway, all of this said, none of us are name calling or talking shit, we are just reading what is shared and theorizing on what will happen based on things we've seen or read. The same can't be said for you, who is calling others "pansies" and "haters" simply because they don't share your opinion. Perhaps the best advice that could be given at this point is, try taking a more mature perspective on things in your life and you'll be better for it.

Tl;dr

If you don't want someone's opinion, don't read it.

Cheers

* out
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by ast.riske » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Edit: this was a double post.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

PreviousNext

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences