Acrylic Sucks

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by RADCAZ » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Is There Any Way To Wear Acrylic Gauges Without Having My ears All Itchy And Sore, Because I Recently Bought Some 1/2in Glow In The Dark Plugs.. And After A Week My Lobes Were Red And And F**ked Up, So I Downsized To My Stainless Steel Tunnels, I Wanna Be Able To Wear Them Eventually Though, Any Suggestions?
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by ViolentJayne » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:22 pm

I wear acrylic often and have no probs but some people are alleregic and you may be one of them .Have you worn acrylic before ? My suggestion would be just wear them during the day and dont sleep in them see if that helps I have heard some peoples bodies try to break down the acrylic ( for some reason its just the way they react to it ) wearing them for short periods of time may help because your ears wont have time to start breaking down the acrylic in just a few hours .. I have no idea if that will work its just my suggestion .. like I was just saying in a previous post I wear cheap jewelry often but only for about 12 hours max then I put some quality comfey plugs in to sleep ...

also Ive always been leary of glow in the dark .. i mean its got to be some kind of chemical that makes it glow and I dont see how that can be good for the body thats why Ive never wanted glow in the dark Tattoo ink even tho it looks awesome Im just scared to put something like that in my body .. maybe try some basic acrylic thats not glow in the dark and see how you do with that
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Just don't wear them for long periods of time and don't use them to stretch. If I wear acrylic it's usually only for 2-3 days at a time.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by stashapistachio » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:31 pm

You might be able to squish them into some earskins...
There are glow filled kaos, and glow GWS glass, both of which are much, much more ear friendly cause the dodgy glow chemical isn't in contact with your skin :)

Acrylic is icky for me.. itchy ears if I wear it for too long. And cheesy ears in the best case :/
stashapistachio

by RADCAZ » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks For The Help After My Ears Heal up, Im gonna Try and Stray Away from Acrylic After Of Course I Wear Them Cautiously To Get Too 9/16ths. While Maybe Trying That Earskins Thing, Because The Last Pair Of Acrylic Plugs I Had Made My Ears Itch Too.. :/
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

by stashapistachio » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:37 pm

You def. should avoid wearing acrylic in non-healed stretches.
And I wouldn't wear them in earskins until your ears are healed and a loosened a bit either. It'll stretch the silicone, which'll make your ears stretch a little too. And silicone & stretching is never a good idea XD
stashapistachio

by RADCAZ » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Thanks Never Considered All That, I Guess I'll Have To Buy Some Surgical Steel Plugs In The Mean Time :P
GO BIG OR GO HOME
RADCAZ

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences