Stretching with Silicone SUCESS Story

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by TheGianaJinx » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:29 am

Apperantly you are not supposed to stretch with silicone, and many people wind up with their skin fused to the silicone. They have to rip it out, they get yelled at on the internet for using silicone to stretch, of course. Well I went from 8g to 6g painfully and didn't find out until later that night (of course after) that silicone fuses to the raw skin and it may have to be ripped or cut out. So I just wind up getting yelled at on the internet to take them out. Now I don't reccomend doing what I did to make the skin not fuse, but I did it because I couldn't take them out, and many people are gonna do it and if they don't find this out, probably go through the pain of getting silicone plugs cut out. So to help you guys, here was my solution. So I was in so much pain with these silicone plugs but for reasons I needed to keep them in. My ears would have healed but they would have merged with the silicone. So I lubed up my ears each night and morning, and took a very VERY small taper (14g) and lubed and sanitized that as well. I would pull down the flap of the silicone plug a little and slip the taper in, so it was sandwitched between the silicone plug and my skin. I would gently (it does hurt in the beginning) pull the taper around the rim a couple times to insure any fusion would be broken. Once in the morning, once at night. Once my ears were a little more healed I did it only at night. After a couple weeks, my ear is healed. No tears, no pain, no infection. Healed. So there you go, this is how I stretched with silicone and didn't go through fusion. Let the reords show I didn't see this anywhere in the world, so I may be the first one to share this...
TheGianaJinx

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Isn't it just better to stretch with a decent material in the first place and not have to poke at them with a taper every day? I mean, I'm glad yours healed but that's not really a success story if you had all that pain and had to do that to keep them from fusing to your skin. Also, stretching really shouldn't be painful. If you have pain it means your ears weren't ready to stretch.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by TheGianaJinx » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:35 pm

The woman that sold me these silicone plugs gave me this huge thing about how much easier they are to stretch with and all this stuff. I had no clue about anything bad they can cause. And I was healed, I was an 8g for over 2 months and my ears could go days with no plugs in and not shrink. It hurts but we all know people are going to continue doing it, no matter what people say, and they're gonna have silicone fused to their ears, so the stubborn people who refuse to do it the right way do have another option, not the greatest one but if they really have to they can.
TheGianaJinx

by akPhilly » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:31 pm

I'd probably be too paranoid to try stretching w/silicone,but I've heard of some that have been ok w/it.I can see the appeal,them being so easy to put in & all.That's the thing w/stretching,no matter what,you're always going to have people yelling at you on the internet,& no matter what one person says,there will always be another person who says they're wrong,someone can have the most perfect,healthy lobes on the planet,& there will always be someone who says they're too thin.I have a pair I got recently,not to stretch,just to wear,but I haven't really worn them yet-I just increased my size very recently & I plan to wait awhile before I wear them.I kind of like the glass ones for stretching,they slide in nice & easily.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by aBn » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:03 pm

The silicone fusing to your skin isnt the only possible problem it can actually tear ur ear if its not ready. i know people do it and will continue to do it but i think of it like russian roulette, u may get lucky a few times but your luck will run out eventually and then u will pay the price "IF ITS NOT WORTH DOING THE RIGHT WAY ITS NOT WORTH DOING" :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by mouse2cat » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:53 pm

That actually sounds kind of harrowing... Like a narrowly missed disaster.

"So I was in so much pain with these silicone plugs but for reasons I needed to keep them in."

What kind of reasons could you possibly have?
mouse2cat

by TheGianaJinx » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:35 am

LATE REPLY but maybe someone will see this one day.

The reason I had to keep it in is because my mom (rest in peace) wouldn't get me any different plugs and wouldn't let me waste her money and take them out and have the holes close. So she told me to suck it up, keep them in, and I'll be fine.
TheGianaJinx

by LINCOLN » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:54 am

The reason I expected to keep it in will be in light of the way that my mother would not get me any phenomenal fittings and wouldn't enable me to squander her cash and take them out and have the gaps close.
LINCOLN

by OLLIEOTTO » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:56 pm

Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.
OLLIEOTTO

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences