SILICONE/RUBBER PLUGS --Pros, Cons, Stretching, and Reasons.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by xbr00talFerretx » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Pros.
1. light...VERY LIGHT
2.flexible
3. Different sizes and colors (i prefer black or white.)
4. stay in well
5. most are tunnels, which if you like to show off your earhole size, then they would be good for you.
6. they take a long time before they start to smell, so you do not have to wash your ears as often.

Cons.
1. since they are light, sometimes you do not realize that they were flipped out or fell out.
2.If you are at a large size(0g or bigger) some people will stare at them. I know gauges is now one of the social norms of this generation, but some people just feel weird about it , like my grandpa, preppy kids at my high school, and teachers. If you are not one for attention, this could be annoying
for you.
3. Some people use these to STRETCH . From what i heard , BAD. I. DEA.! a few surface reasons why:
---They can cause tears or blow outs due to the sudden and forced transition stretching
---for some people they can stick to your ears when you are using them to
stretch, not a good thing.
--- i have heard of kids who jumped sizes using silicone tunnels have had their ears literally disconnect (oh god o_O) but i have not seen it or have met
anyone with a first person account.

personal opinion
I love them i never thought that i would, then my friend gave me a pair of 2g
(now at 0g)and i decided to wear them, changed my opinion. Being so light, its helpful, if you are someone who doesn't like to feel your ears being heavy from stone, metal, or wood gauges. then try them, they can be an upgrade for you. When i am working in the studio with other students, walking around and micing instruments , trying to think, have my gauges move back and forth bothers me, it prevents my thinking. at my size, they do not move, but they possibly move more when you size up bigger

They stay in well, but if are wrestling with your friends or at a energetic show, they can spring out LITERALLY!!!!! I was at the Haste The Day farewell
tour, The Chariot was playing , and i was up front and going crazy. The bass player jumped in the crowd, his foot slid down the side of my head and flipped my gauge out. there was no injury, but i didn't even feel it, then about a minute later i realized and double checked my ears, my left gauge was gone.

Also, in my earlier points do not stretch with them! I have never done it but i know people who do. Their stories, scare the shit out of me! if you do not care about what can happen to your ears, then go ahead. hahahaha. If you have heard different or have different opinions about this , reply back

if you have any questions or comments that you want to ask . message me.
or email:
marsbarsferret@gmail.com
We came from His hands
But Son you can wake up now
The walls that you built have been brought down
The Sinners and Saints have been damned
To this world and creations of two hollow vessels
You've grown to love.
xbr00talFerretx

by DubstepPanda » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:26 pm

I think you mean tunnel? Gauge is the size unit..

But I'm curious as to whether or not they can fuse to your ear if you're already at the same size the tunnel is.
CURRENT:
Left lobe: 5/8". Right lobe: 9/16"
Goal size: 3/4" (both ears)

RETIRED:
16g Snakebites(x2)
14g Septum.

SOON:
Snakebites again.
DubstepPanda

by xbr00talFerretx » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 pm

thank you for the clarification hahaha. i meant tunnel. i heard, and read, that if you stretch with them, the silicone can "glue" or "fuse" with the stretched skin. I added that as a extra warning.

i have not found anyone with a first hand account, so i could be wrong
We came from His hands
But Son you can wake up now
The walls that you built have been brought down
The Sinners and Saints have been damned
To this world and creations of two hollow vessels
You've grown to love.
xbr00talFerretx

by WindowLicker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:16 pm

You're not wrong about it. Because the silicone is so porous the skin can fuse to it.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by codyc » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 am

I would actually recommend stretching with silicone. I stretched from 2 to 1" using nothing but that. Just put non-scented lotion on them before u stretch with them and for a week or so after. They're a lot less risky with tapers. Atleast they don't put force un-evenly on one side or the other. Try it. You might love it. I did. They're also cheap which is another point for silicone. Lol
codyc

by Deano » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:05 pm

You're a couple days late for April Fools day. We already had one that tried.

OP, for the love of God, do not stretch with silicone. If it was 100% safe, Kaos wouldn't have a notice on their website that says they do NOT recommend stretching with silicone.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by codyc » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:00 am

The reason they have that is simple being sued for ignorance or lazyness sucks. Just like the jackass movies have "do not try this at home" warnings. Its not recommended to lazy people or ignorant people. Its very simple to do. Its much cheaper and safer than tapers. Good water based lube before bed and after the morning shower and I've never once had a single issue. Nor have I heard of any of my friends that I've taught how to do it correctly. Ear stretching in general isn't a "safe" practice nor is it recommended. Bottom line is silocone is good. The flaws can be easily avoided.
codyc

by codyc » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:45 am

Plus as an added note you have 4gauge lobes. Clearly you haven't even really tried a large gauge silicone plug and you have less than half the time and experiance as me so no room to critique materials or techniques for you
codyc

by WindowLicker » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:37 pm

codyc wrote:Plus as an added note you have 4gauge lobes. Clearly you haven't even really tried a large gauge silicone plug and you have less than half the time and experiance as me so no room to critique materials or techniques for you

Your stretches are only slightly bigger than mine were. I tried stretching with silicone at 3/4" and it does not work. Before every single stretch I'd massage with vitamin e and I'd use I'd use it as lube as well to stretch. Just because you've got gaping holes in your ears doesn't mean you know what you're doing, as many of the members on here can show. I noticed my ears were getting very swollen after putting em in. You don't want to use silicone to stretch because it's such a porous material. It can allow bacteria to easily get into your piercing as well as fuse to your skin if you're not careful. Corazon is probably one of the best people to go to on this board with your questions and she's only at 0g.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by Deano » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:20 pm

codyc wrote:Plus as an added note you have 4gauge lobes. Clearly you haven't even really tried a large gauge silicone plug and you have less than half the time and experiance as me so no room to critique materials or techniques for you

Your point is WHAT, exactly? Just because my lobes are smaller than yours means I have no room to talk? You're a complete tool, dude.

Back to your previous post, why would they need a note on their site that says don't do it if it is so safe? You say it's because people who are retarded can't sue, but I don't buy that one bit. If that were the case, don't you think that every company that makes or sells tapers would do the same thing just in case some idiot stretched after like a week tore his lobe in half? Don't you think they would cover their butts, too? Your logic = failure.

Just because you haven't jacked up your ears yet(which, in all reality, you probably have, and are now telling people to do the same things as you so you are not the only one getting your silicone surgically removed) doesn't mean that others will have that same experience.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

Next

Return to Jewelry Discussion