Looking for certain style,anyone know where I can get it?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by akPhilly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:25 am

I saw this style I really liked alot on bodyartforms.com,but they only make them up to 9mm :( .They kind of look like a talon,but not that exact shape-more like if you took a nail & bent it into like,a 7 shape.They're made out of glass.I looked on painfulpleasures.com,& they have something similar that goes larger than 9mm,but they're more like a true talon,& like a C shape,& I really wanted the ones that were more like a 7 because since they have a sharper bend in them,I figure the part that's actually in my hole will be of uniform size more so than the C ones,& they'll probably stay put better.I don't know if you can really picture what I mean,but if anyone's seen them in 7/16 or 1/2,if you could please let me know(Don't worry,I'm not planning to jam a 1/2" into a 7/16 hole,I'm about to go to a 7/16,then maybe 1/2 depending,& I wouldn't buy them til I'm sure of where I'm staying)
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by sh4ky » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 pm

I know it maybe a little late seeing as though you're getting some made but I came across glass boomerangs on wildcataustralia.com.au last night. Maybe similar to what you wanted. Not sure about sizes though.
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by akPhilly » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:12 am

Those boomerang ones are really cool,but they don't go up to my size. But I wouldn't mind seeing if I can find them elsewhere in my size-I like that shape.But I like that site;I've never seen it before. And I'm always looking for new sites. I really liked those 'brutalist' tunnels they have on that site-I may go back & order some stuff from there :)

But yeah,those ones I'm waiting on are the more C-shaped ones-I realized that it's just hard to find claws at all in 1/2",& that kind is close enough. I actually ended up ordering a second pair but in plain glass from a company called BME-I'm not familiar with that company,but I've heard of it & it seemed to get decent reviews
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by sh4ky » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 am

It's funny. That site is where most of the chain piercers get their stuff from here in Oz. but the site now has a retail area. And costs far less comparably than the stores. I call that a win!!! I have bought some nice glass plugs from there (as my first ever plugs) as well as a bunch of other stuff, bars, stirrup, etc. The quality is what you'd get at any piercing place really. So not too bad.

Piercings:
Right lobe- 0g
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by akPhilly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 am

Which one do you mean,BME or the site w/the boomerangs? Because I'd placed my order on 11/9 w/BME, & haven't gotten my order yet-it hasn't been that long,but since I haven't ordered from them before, I have nothing to base how long it'll take on. So I'm hoping to get it soon-my vertigo claws may take a couple more weeks, so I was hoping to get the plain ones soon.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by sh4ky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am

Wildcat one. I've ordered stuff from them and got it in a few days. Mind you they are only sending it approx 1000 kilometres. They have had to put stuff on back order for me but I have had that in a few weeks max.
I've never ordered from BME so can't speak for their wait times. But I know what its like to wait. It seems painfully slow when you're excited for something to turn up. Like my stone and amber plugs. They are miles off yet. Maybe you could email them and ask for an expected/estimated delivery date. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to ask that type of thing.

Piercings:
Right lobe- 0g
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

Return to Jewelry Discussion