SILICONE/RUBBER PLUGS --Pros, Cons, Stretching, and Reasons.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by underdog357 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:36 pm

i have stretched using silicone from a 00-1/2 in and i havent had any problems. i found that it was easier to use them as long as they stay lubed like when i first put them in i put a little a&d on them and they are fine and after like a week im able to switch them out with no problem. all the poeple who talk down on silicoe and all the warnings might be true for some poeple but i have never had problems. so i say try it just keep them lubed
underdog357

by DiMattia » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:16 pm

I love siliconen tunnels!

I have had good and bad experiences w/ them though & I have stretched with them.

I did NOT like tapers @ all!

If you are upsizing only one size at a time & not skipping any gauges I think you can do it using them with no problem.

Here is how I Did it & would do it
Take a long hot hot shower and rub and gently pull on my lobes the whole time.
Wash the new silicone plugs good with dial antibacterial soap
I use neosporin as a lubricant and fold the silicone tunnel in half slide it in my ear and let it slowly open
You will feel the pressure for a few days but take hot showers and gently massage your lobes about 3-4 times a day and you should be okay.

I'm not telling anyone to do this BUT I did.

Once I skipped a gauge or two using silicone and it hurt like a bitch and over night got a bad infection in one ear so bad that my ear scabbed over the back of the tunnel and nasty discharge was coming out of the center front of the tunnel, so don't skip sizes if using silicone.

I also find that my ears are less temperamental with silicone than with SS
And don't stink half as bad as other materials.

That's my personal experience with silicone
3/4 gauged ears
LUV SUX
~ inside lower lip, along w/ a number of other tats else where.
DiMattia

by SusiMarie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:32 pm

i love my silicone tunnels, i only wear after stretching because if i put them in my ears with out waiting my ears flake and bleed and stink and they dont come out again with out massive force.
I'm 17 i live in maine
Double Right Eyebrow
Tongue
tattoos
Have:
16mm lobes
right nostril piercing 20g
2nd holes 20g
navel 14g
SusiMarie

by AceWitThaLobes » Wed May 30, 2012 5:59 pm

i stretch with silicone and ive neer had a problem. I find it easier than getting a massive 1" taper. also, when i stretch I ALWAYS use plennty of oils and astroglide. Im not saying everyone should give it a try , but i just wanna put out there its not a guaranteed fail either. Everyone's body is different and i know my body very well. My ears wanna move the silicone in for keeps but keeping them oild, clean, dry, and rotation every couple hours and re oil around the same time will keep them separate from your ears. its a ass pain to do all this every hour or so but if u want it to go well then u do it. i think its my best option b/c metals (which are recommended for stretching) i seem to be allergic to. naturals and silicone are my only options
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by rossb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:00 pm

AceWitThaLobes wrote:i stretch with silicone and ive neer had a problem. I find it easier than getting a massive 1" taper. also, when i stretch I ALWAYS use plennty of oils and astroglide. Im not saying everyone should give it a try , but i just wanna put out there its not a guaranteed fail either. Everyone's body is different and i know my body very well. My ears wanna move the silicone in for keeps but keeping them oild, clean, dry, and rotation every couple hours and re oil around the same time will keep them separate from your ears. its a ass pain to do all this every hour or so but if u want it to go well then u do it. i think its my best option b/c metals (which are recommended for stretching) i seem to be allergic to. naturals and silicone are my only options

Yes, metal tunnels are a lot more bacteria prone to rubber flexible ones. A lot of people prefer flexible to metal.
rossb

by robertbeaber12 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:02 am

silicone has done nothing but bad to my ears it made my ears dry and hurt all the time my favorite type of gauges are stone and acrylic. i'm also at inch and a quarter :D
robertbeaber12

by professorkittens11 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:25 pm

I wouldn't wear or stretch with silicone. Its very unhealthy for your ears. If anything use organic plugs, stainless steal tapers, ear weights, or stone plugs/tapers..Not silicone or acrylic.
Hey, I'm Caitlyn.

I have Angel piercings 3/4 almost 7/8 plugs and I'm hoping to get my septum pierced! C:
professorkittens11

Previous

Return to Jewelry Discussion